Thursday 20 March 2008

It's Who You Know

I can't believe I spent my teens and twenties railing against 'the system'. You know, the old school tie/old boy's network/ Oxbridge mafia etc that ensured that jobs you never knew existed were given to people who knew the right people. Now that I'm benefitting from it, I think it's wonderful. So far I have three pretty good freelance projects; two from people I know and one that came out of a piece of work I did last year that went nowhere (it was for a local authority). They came back to me this week and said, 'You did a good job. Want another one?'

2 comments:

Mike said...

Railing against the system when we were teens and twenties was (and is) healthy :). I guess you said no thanks...

Drags said...

LOL Mike, if only I was so saintly....needs must. A girl's gotta live.